Friday, March 1, 2013

Questioning Jesus



When Jesus went before the high Priest in John 18:19-23, he was questioned about his teachings and his disciples. The same questioning happens today. There are those who truly are seeking to know just what it is about this man and his teachings that set him apart from others. Jesus's response is great:
"I have spoken openly to the world. I have said nothing in secret."
He has given his Word to the world and made it plain for all to see.
Jesus then puts out a challenge to all hearers who doubt what he says "If what I said is wrong, bear witness about the wrong; but if what I said is right, why do you strike me?"

But Jesus also holds us  believers accountable when he tells the doubters to ask his followers " Ask those who have heard me what I said to them, they know what i said". What a responsibility!
In 1 Peter 3:15 we are told "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect". It all starts in our hearts, as we seek to honor the Lord, we will desire to live for Him and be prepared when others ask about the hope we have been given.








No comments:

Post a Comment